Brought to you in part by...
I was born & raised in Marysville, Washington (the other Marysville). I am the son of teacher parents so education was pretty important in my family. I graduated with a B.S. degree in Organizational & Mass Communications from Eastern Washington University (after a lengthy battle over a typing compentency test, which I eventually won). When I got to college I asked someone who had the best parties and they told me to try the Radio & Television Department. So I got a job on the campus station and it turns out the guy was right, I got hooked on radio and the rest is the proverbial history.
I'd like to know what you are up too. Send me an e-mail about your favorite things to do, fun websites you've found, funny stories or gossip you may have heard and things that you and your friends and co-workers are talking about (I can always use the material). Thanks for listening and thanks for stopping by my page. By the way if you have any thoughts about stuff you'd like to see here, send me an e-mail. - Manley
Coming up on the Manley show...
This is a Highland cow known for their furry coats which they need because they live where it gets dang cold!
They are pretty darn cute. I can see why people are
going a little crazy over these cows on the internet.
I think we are getting little tired of cat videos!
Mike's Blog De Jour
I hope you had a great Memorial weekend and had a chance to get together with friends & family and also reflect on what others have given so that we can enjoy the freedoms we have in this country. I spent most of the weekend working or watching TV. I always feel guilty when I do that like I know I should be out doing something and enjoying the nice weather but I can't seem to get off my butt. I actually spent more time outside on Monday in the bad weather shopping and driving around than I did the rest of the weekend which is kind of crazy but then again, it's me so there you go. I admit I got caught up in a marathon session of "Arrested Developement" on Netflix Sunday & Monday. Even though I love the original series, after so much anticipation it was kind of a let down and I wish that I had gone outside.
Nearly Impossible Quiz:
Brought to you by Paradise Scrapbook Boutique in Chico.
Tuesday June 18th, 2013
Q: This chemical found in toothpaste inhibits our taste buds' ability to pick up sweetness after we've brushed our teeth. That's why your orange juice always taste like crap right after you brush.
A: Sodium laureth sulfate
and other stuff I thought you'd like to know...
- Lindsay Lohan has left the Betty Ford Clinic and has checked into another rehab clinic elsewhere.
- Phones are a big-money game these days. So Samsung has purchased 1 million copies of Jay-Z's upcoming album, entitled "Magna Carta Holy Grail," scheduled for release July 4th, and plans to give them to Samsung Galaxy smartphone users for free-72 hours ahead of the release.
- From the tweets and friends we're hearing that Kim Kardashian delivered a baby girl a month early on Sunday, Father's Day. Kanye West was said to have dropped everything and rushed to her side for delivery.
- After 11 days in the hospital, Britain's Prince Phillip -- the queen's husband -- has been allowed to go home.
- Best Father's Day tweet was from Jimmy Fallon: "Happy Father's Day to my dad and also to my biological father, Kanye West."
- Gene Wilder says he didn't like Tim Burton's take on "Willie Wonka."
- Kevin Clash, the Elmo puppeteer who resigned amid allegations of sexually abusing underage boys, won three Daytime Emmy Awards for his work on "Sesame Street."
- Jack Black is working on an animated series for Yahoo. You're going to see them eventually become a TV network, mark my words.